Slider Timelapse Calibration
Before running a timelapse with the Oracle and Slider it is recommend that you run a calibration to ensure the most accurate movement possible. Calibration can be run in either 10 minutes or 30 minutes. The 30 minute calibration is more accurate and recommended, however a 10 minute calibration will do if you are pressed for time. It is also recommended that you run a calibration when there are extreme changes in operating environment e.g. going from hot to cold.
How to run the calibration
- Connect the Oracle to the elektraDrive motor with a standard network/CAT5 cable.
- Connect the power to the Oracle.
- Select “2:Slider” by moving the joystick up or down, or by hitting the red “2” button
- Press enter to select
- Press the menu button then press the 2 button to select “2:Timelapse”
- Press the 1 button to enter “1:Simple mode”
- Press the 3 button to enter “3:Cal (calibration) mode”
- Press the 1 button to select the 10 minute calibration or press the 2 button to select the 30 minute calibration. Press enter.
- This procedure requires measuring the distance the slider moves from start point to end point.
- Now that your start point has been marked hit the enter button to begin the calibration
- The screen will display Slider On with a countdown number
- Let the calibration complete. If you need to cut the calibration short you can hit enter at any time. Note. The shorter the calibration time, the less accurate the calibration.
- To complete the calibration measure the distance between your start point and ending point. Move the joystick left or right to select this distance in inches or centimeters on the screen. Hit enter. Hit enter again to save calibration date, or menu to cancel calibration date.
- Your system is now calibrated for accurate moves. If moving between extreme environmental conditions we recommend running the calibration again to assure accuracy.