Oracle Smart Lapse
Starting with Oracle version 2.03 SL you now have the ability to record a movement in real time and playback that movement taking up to 29.5 days.
Programing a Smart Lapse
- Connect the Oracle to the elektraDrive motor or Revolution Head with a standard network/CAT5 cable.
- Connect the power to the Oracle.
- Select your device, “1:Head” or “2:Slider”
- Turn DAMPING all the way down to 0.05s
- Adjust DEADBAND to a value of 10 on the LIN side
- Press and hold down one of the 3 memory bank buttons for 5 seconds until the work “Erasing” appears.
- Choose “2:SmartLapse”
- Move the joystick to start the recording right away, or press the center joy stick button to start recording without moving the head
- Make sure to note your starting position by using marking tape or white wax pencil so when prompted to return to start position.
- To get soft starts and stops it is best to have the speed turned all the way down then push the joystick all the way the direction you want to move then slowly over 10 seconds or so roll the speed dial up to the desired speed then back down to stop. Also keep in mind this is an actual recording so keep your maximum speed slow, ideally under 100.
- You may notice the movement while recording is jerky or pulsing. This is normal as that is the result of the pulse recording method of SmartLapse™.
- To playback the SmartLapse™ recording press the memory bank button that you recorded to and adjust the play back time. You can adjust this time from the time you took to make the recording or up to 29.5 days
- To accept the time you sent press enter
- Return to start position and press the memory bank button again to start.